Atkins provides ecological assessment, interpretation and solutions for management, development and infrastructure projects of all sizes across terrestrial, freshwater, marine, and coastal environments.
Our team of ecologists, including terrestrial and aquatic specialists, can provide support at any stage of a project, from feasibility through to planning, consultation and implementation.
Assessing and interpreting ecological issues provides vital information to ensure legal compliance and to feed into masterplan designs, planning applications, development frameworks or environmental impact assessment. The early identification of constraints and opportunities aids decision making and is also essential in avoiding costly delays during planning and construction.
We combine the highest technical standards with a pragmatic approach to help meet the balance between wildlife conservation and progress, ensuring that our clients and biodiversity benefit from our solutions.
Using an extensive range of skills and methodologies across terrestrial and aquatic environments, our services include:
- Ecological survey, assessment and interpretation
- Environmental impact assessment and strategic environmental assessment
- Habitats regulations assessment of plans and projects
- Pre and post project assessments
- Advice on protected sites and species
- Biodiversity action plans
- Expert witness
- Habitat management plans
- Protected species development licences
- Training workshops
- Ecological clerk of works
- Assessment of habitats and ecosystems
- Habitat creation, restoration and translocation
- Ecotourism, protected area and national park management strategy and planning
- Environment and habitat management and protection measures
- Sustainability appraisals
- Water quality impact monitoring
- Water resources (low and high flow) impact monitoring
- Low flow and “hands off flow” assessments
- Water level management planning
- Advice on ecosystem services and biodiversity offsetting
For more information on the services we provide and our experience, you can download one of our brochures: